Wednesday, December 3, 2008

With A Little Help From My Friends:

Yesterday, my friends helped me spend some money.

I mentioned, via email, I was looking into getting some trekking/walking poles to my friend Anit and he went crazy. He'd purchased a great pair from a discount website and LOVED them. He gave me the website and advised I keep checking to see if they were selling them again. An hour later I get a call from Anit, in New York, saying "Laura! Laura! Go onto the site! They're selling them right now, and they're going fast"! Oh my god, Me, spent money quickly!? Can you say, "outside the box"? So I put my faith in Anit and bought them. And get this, they were mailed out the same day! Wow, that was fast. Anit also advised I take a trip to REI and get "trained" on the poles. Trained on poles? Ok, again, I'm going to trust the guy. I'll keep you posted.

Then, last night, my friends, Satarupa and Regina met me over at Costco, in Redwood City, where we went through almost every pair of glasses they sell...ok, so I'm exaggerating... a little, to find me a pair of new eye glasses, to replace my broken pair (thank goodness for super glue) :-) It took us a while, but we finally settled on a pair. I swear, I could NOT have done it without them!!!! I tried making up my mind all by my little lonesome the day before, but it was not happening. I called my two friends and they came to my rescue! Yeaaaaaaa Satarupa, and Regina!!!!!!

"Thank you"! "Thank you"! "Thank you"! Regina, Satarupa and Anit!

1 comment:

Satarupa said...

You're most welcome! I can't wait to see you in your new glasses - and I bet you can't wait to see the world through them!

And have you gotten hooked on Steapandcheap.com yet? They are such a cool company and it is a pretty cool site -- at least for shopaholics, and outdoor enthusiast shopaholics!